Drivers Education Information
- Contact information: Brunswick Driving School 910-575-5888 or by email mking@
- Forms include detailed information on class options, registration process and what is needed for parent (or a parent representative) meeting, student’s requirements and commitments for BCS driver education
- is a course that consists of 30 hours of classwork and 6 hours behind-the-wheel training.
- is required for any person under the age of 18 desiring to receive a driver's license/learner's permit. Anyone who has turned 14 and 6 months old may sign up for class.
- is not part of the school day or of school curriculum, but is considered a "part of school life."
- is designed and dedicated to prepare our students for a lifetime skill that greatly enhances their quality of life
Driver's Education Goals:
The goal of Driver Education is to provide each student driver a start in psychomotor skills and mental attitudes that are essential to becoming the most competent, skillful, responsible driver possible. This serves as a base for parents to continue the instruction and supervision of their young driver in developing the necessary knowledge, skill, and attitude needed to become a safe driver. **Communication with parents/guardians is an important key in accomplishing this goal.
To be Eligible for Brunswick County Schools Driver Education You Must:
- Be at least fourteen and a half years of age, but not more than seventeen years of age.
- A resident of Brunswick County. Be between the ages of 14.5 and 17 years of age. As a resident of Brunswick County, a public, 天津体育彩票网 school or private student may attend any class/school option that is available as long as they can be present at the start of the class and adhere to the schedule.
- Pay $65 as required by the NC General Assembly in HB 200. Process for payment of fee will be included on all registration forms. No cash or personal checks.
- Agree to abide by the Code of Student Conduct as found in the Brunswick County Schools Student Handbook.
**Parent or "parent approved" representative required!
See information below concerning the parent meeting for your student's class.**
Though age is consider in booking/calling students, it is not guaranteed that the process will work only by, “oldest to youngest” when scheduling.
On the first day of class a detailed information sheet was filled out by your student. This form includes names and numbers associated with parents/guardians.
Instructors will call parent/guardian to discuss the Behind the Wheel appointment options. If you are not available instructors will continue to call you. They will also leave messages and at times text. You may email mking@bcswan@.net for questions and concerns.
At this time classes that ended in February are being called by instructors to discuss appointment options.
If the student’s class ended before 12/31/19 please email with student’s name, DOB, school that driver education class was taken and a contact number. At this time, all eligible students have been contacted for classes ending prior to 12/31/19.
Information by School:
To be eligible for the following classes a student must be:
- Resident of Brunswick County
- Age 14.5 to 17 at the start of class. Students who are 18 or turning 18 during this process are ineligible
- Be available for the class dates and times. Student must be in seat at the daily start time
*CHECK INFORMATION BELOW.
NBHS: A new form is available at NBHS office and attached at the bottom of the page. This is the last class for the school year. The next option will be for summer. Summer form will be available after Spring Break at the office and attached at the bottom of the page.
SBHS: A new form is available at SBHS office and attached at the bottom of the page. This is the last class for the school year. The next options will be for summer. Summer form will be available after Spring Break at the office and attached at the bottom of the page.
WBHS: A new form is available at WBHS office and attached at the bottom of the page. This is the last class for the school year. The next option will be for summer. Summer form will be available after Spring Break at the office and attached at the bottom of the page.
COAST: Students at this school may sign up for Saturday and Summer classes. If a student signs up for a high school’s “after school” class they MUST be able to be available at the start time of the class.
ECHS: The last class registration has taken place for this semester. Students may sign up for summer classes or Saturday options when forms are in print. Please see "Saturday" and “summer” for those updates.
SATURDAY CLASSES: This option consists of 5 dates, 8:30 – 2:50pm. No Saturday dates are in print at this time. Please check back March 28 for the status on Saturday class options.
Summer Classes: The summer dates/registration forms are made available in May at all middle and high schools and attached at the bottom of this age.
PARENT MEETING INFORMATION
STUDENTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO ATTEND THE PARENT MEETING
- A parent or parent representative must attend the driver education meeting before a student can attend class
- Please follow instructions on the bottom “detachable” portion of your registration for parent meeting date and room location of the school.
- Please direct questions/concerns to our office at least 3 days prior to meeting.
- The $65 fee is required at this meeting.
- Please, NO cash or checks. Pay by money order or certified check to "Brunswick Driving School."
*IF THERE ARE QUESTIONS/CONCERNS ABOUT THE INFORMATION STATED ABOVE, PLEASE NOTIFY BRUNSWICK DRIVING SCHOOL AT LEAST 3 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR PARENT MEETING DATE.
PLEASE NOTE: PRIVACY LAWS DO NOT ALLOW CLASS ROSTERS TO BE POSTED ONLINE.
CLASS ROSTERS ARE POSTED ON THE WINDOW OF THE SCHOOL’S MAIN OFFICE
• Parent or "parent approved" representative required at meeting. Dates/times on registration forms
• Student not required at meeting.
• Must have $65 money order or Certified check at meeting.
• State law age 14.5 by 1st day of class & not to exceed 18 during the class or driving portion.
• Student in seat for first day roll call.
• Bring the first day: pen, paper pocket folder, & birth certificate (copy OK).
• Do not have conflicts with class dates.
Questions/concerns: Call Brunswick Driving School at 910-575-5888.
Registration Forms and Documents: